We all struggle to find ways to work variety into our weekly dinner menu. This Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Chops recipe is both a time saver, with just 20 minutes of prep, and a delicious way to work pork chops and asian-inspired fare into your regular dinner routine. Not to mention the convenience of the set it and forget it nature of slow cooker meals.
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of its preparation. The garlic, rice vinegar, and soy sauce trio up the umami factor big time, leaving these Hawaiian-style pork chops steeped in a slightly sweet, rich, savory glaze. A little fresh cilantro serves as both a garnish and a bright finishing note to these tasty chops. (Don’t like cilantro? That’s OK, you can make it optional.)
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork ChopsTotal Time: 3 hrs. 50 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 3 hrs. 30 min.
Yield: 4 Servings
½ cup cold water
3 Tbsp. corn starch (preferably GMO-free)
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. all-natural ketchup, no sugar added
2 cans (8-oz.each) pineapple slices in juice, reserve liquid, divided use
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Nonstick cooking spray
1 lb. raw lean, center-cut pork chops
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, pineapple juice, vinegar, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
3. Add cornstarch mixture to soy sauce mixture; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Lightly coat inside of a 3-quart slow cooker with spray.
5. Add half of soy sauce mixture, pork chops, pineapple, and remaining soy sauce mixture; cover. Cook on high for 3 to 3½ hours (or low for 5 to 6 hours), or until pork chops are tender and cooked through.
6. Serve each pork chop with ½ cup rice. Evenly divide sauce and pineapple between pork chops. Sprinkle each with 1 tsp. cilantro.
Tip: You can substitute 1½ cups sliced fresh pineapple for canned. Use ½ cup of unsweetened pineapple juice for liquid.
Portion Fix Containers
Enjoy! xo, mc