Meet your go-to broccoli recipe. It’s the perfect side dish any night of the week for meals as simple as grilled chicken and as delicious as this maple-glazed salmon. It’s versatile too. Add grilled tofu or tempeh for Meatless Monday, stir it into a quinoa salad, or serve it in a brown rice bowl with a poached or fried egg. It tastes even better as leftovers, and holds up well in the fridge for days, so use this recipe to take your next meal prep up a notch.
Total Time: 35 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 4 servings, about ¾ cup each
1 bunch broccoli (about 1½ lbs.)
2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
¼ cup raw peanuts
1 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 medium green onion, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Separate broccoli florets from stems. Coarsely chop florets. Set aside. Peel stems and slice on a diagonal.
3. Combine broccoli stems and 1 tsp. oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Add chopped broccoli florets, peanuts, and remaining 1 tsp. oil to baking sheet; mix well. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until stems are tender crisp.
5. Place broccoli mixture in a medium bowl. Add vinegar and yeast; mix well.
6. Garnish with green onion; serve immediately.
(recipe & info courtesy of beachbody)